YouthToSea invites Canadian youth throughout British Columbia to apply to our Leadership Program. At YouthToSea, we endeavor to unite youth with one common goal: to protect and conserve our oceans. Our mission is to coach youth (15-18) to provide them with opportunities to develop their problem-solving, critical-thinking, and communication skills. At the end of our program, youth are equipped with skills, tools, and strategies to be active decision-makers in their local, regional, and national communities.
Youth engage with their local community through two placements options. The first, a unique experience with AquaCamps at the Vancouver Aquarium. Summer recruitment is open for prospective youth hoping to secure a placement in the Leadership program. Through training and a placement in AquaCamps, youth will complete over 120 hours of service.
The second option is through local community service projects designed and implemented by our youth! Our program specialists will provide coaching and opportunities for skill growth as you design projects of your choosing. All 120 service hours are to be completed through mentorship calls, monthly workshops, project development and implementation.
Want to keep in touch? Follow @YouthToSea on Instagram for updates about youth-led events and initiatives
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world: indeed it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
Are you looking to enhance your learning about the ocean? Are you looking for more opportunities for professional development, volunteer opportunities, or potentially a career option in ocean conservation? I recommend subscribing to organization newsletters, where you will be updated monthly/bi-monthly about ways you can do and learn more!
SEVENSEAS Media - The Global Marine Community Ocean News and Network
- NOAA Science Seminars: A joint effort by several NOAA seminar partners to help share science and climate seminars and information across NOAA and our constituents.
- Ocean Conservation Events Calendar: Workshops and webinars with a global community on climate solutions, water quality, research, summits and more!
- Get Into Your Sanctuary Photo Contest: In celebration of national Get Into Your Sanctuary activities, NOAA's Office of National Marine Sanctuaries is hosting a photo contest. From May 23 through September 7.
Exploring By The Seat Of Your Pants - Beaming Science, Exploration, Adventure and Conservation live into Classrooms Around the World
- Tom Hart, Penguinologist. Sept 9 2020 10am EST
- Martina Capriotti, Marine Biologist. Sept 15 2020, 9am EST
- Lizzie Carr, Environmentalist on Plastic Pollution. Sept 16 2020, 11am EST
Discussion post Raeanne Tieu | Aug 11, 2020 at 4:58 PM
Discussion post Jacob Beland | Aug 11, 2020 at 2:33 PM
Discussion post Jesse James Davis | Aug 11, 2020 at 10:34 AM
Discussion post Miria L. | Aug 11, 2020 at 3:04 AM
Discussion post Jasmeet Sohal | Aug 3, 2020 at 6:36 PM
Discussion post Sana ShG | Jul 30, 2020 at 1:52 AM
Discussion post Jasmine | Jul 29, 2020 at 11:31 PM
Discussion post Edward Feng | Jul 28, 2020 at 11:32 PM