YouthToSea Spring/Summer Leadership Program
The YouthToSea Spring/Summer Leadership Program offers an opportunity for youth (14-18) to gain valuable work experience while building their personal leadership, problem-solving and life skills. Youth in the program will volunteer in our Aqua Camps at the Vancouver Aquarium during our Spring or Summer sessions. Youth volunteers will expand their social network, increase their marine conservation knowledge, connect with their community and gain employment skills.
Students in the program will receive:
- 120+ hours of volunteer service
- Ocean Wise Animal Handling Certification
- WHMIS Certification
- CAN Autism Training Certification
- Ocean Wise Leadership Program Certificate of Completion
- Opportunity to join member-only workshops/events at the Vancouver Aquarium
- Valuable work experience and professional contacts
Students who complete their 120 hours of service plus an original ocean service project will be invited to the YouthToSea Showcase Event in October 2020. This event will include networking opportunities, presentations, and outdoor learning opportunities. Location TBD.
If you are interested in the program but cannot commit to the full placement, we have a few part-time positions available which have a much lower hour commitment.
Any questions can be sent to [email protected]
Continue to Application Information »