Mountain to Oceans
25 to 30 students in British Columbia are invited to take their learning, leadership and love of the environment to a whole new level this October 2018 in a new and exciting outdoor education program and adventure leadership retreat throughout the Squamish River watershed.
Ocean Wise is offering the Mountain to Oceans program for students ages 16-18. This 4-night, 4-day program running from October 4 to 7 is focused on making connections between our mountains and oceans through outdoor experiences. Programs focusing on ecosystems, research, wilderness tours, First Nations culture, leadership, and white water rafting will enhance and increase knowledge about these connections.
The skeleton program schedule is as follows:
* 7pm: arrival at Vancouver Aquarium for sign in and icebreakers
* 9pm: sleepover program at Vancouver Aquarium begins
* 10am: tour of the Pacific Science Entreprise Centre, Ocean Wise's research hub
* 12:30pm: guided hike at the Sea to Sky Gondola
* 5pm: arrival at Cheakamus Centre
* full day programming at Cheakamus Centre, includes leadership sessions, environmental connections activities, and First Nations cultural programming
* 10am: Squamish Rafting Company excursion down Cheakamus River
* 5pm: pick up at Vancouver Aquarium
Participants are expected to arrange transport for drop off and pick up at the Vancouver Aquarium on Oct. 4 and 7. All other transportation, accommodation, and meals will be provided.
If you are interested in attending this program, please fill out our application. Selected participants will be notified by September 24, 2018.
Continue to Application Form »