- What types of things went down your sink?
Water, toothpaste, mouthwash, soap, some hair
- Estimate the volume of liquids that went down the drain? Did you include a way to measure how much liquid went down?
I did not include a way to measure the amount of liquid that went down my sink drain, I would estimate around 20 gallons worth.
- Think back to your water filtration activity or learn more with water sanitation resources.
- What are the impacts of greywater that goes down the drain? How much clean drinkable water goes down the drain each day?
Depending on what you pour down the drain, greywater can persist through water treatments and, when returned to nature, adversely affect the animals and plants living in or near the water. As for how much drinkable water goes down the drain each day, we try to limit the amount as much as we can, but some does still end up down the drain. I would estimate only 1 or two litres worth.
- What is one thing that you can change to reduce water waste?
I can stop running the water for a minute before drinking it in an effort to get it cold and simply refrigerate it instead.