This space is a community for teachers and educators alike to find curriculum-linked resources to engage your students. Whether you've just participated in an Ocean Wise school program, or you're planning a self-directed visit to the Vancouver Aquarium, or you're just looking for some activities to help you lesson plan in the classroom, we've got stuff for you!
P.S. If you haven't already, make sure you follow our Education Team's new Twitter account @OceanWiseEdu!
Ocean Wise Conservation Association Education Newsletter Online Program Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
ELIGIBILITY: This contest (the “Contest”) is open only to Canadian residents excluding Quebec. Employees and volunteers of Ocean Wise Conservation Association ("Sponsor") and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the "Promotion Entities") and the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household as such person, are not eligible. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
@OceanWiseEdu will post to Twitter announcing the contest on Monday October 5th at 8 AM PST for a chance to win a Virtual AquaClass for up to 30 participants between the dates of October 14 and June 21, 2020. Dates and availability as presented on the Website https://vanaqua.org/education/school-programs/virtual-aquaclass
- Entrants must submit a valid email address for the Ocean Wise Education Newsletter via the provided link https://ocean.org/our-work/education/newsletter/
Odds of winning determined by the number of entries.
This contest is in no way affiliated with Twitter or Wordfly.
ENTRY PERIOD BEGINS – Monday, October 5, 2020 (7:59:59 AM Pacific Time)
ENTRY PERIOD ENDS – Thursday, October 8, 2020 (12:00:00 PM Pacific Time)
Grand prize winning ballot will be drawn at 3:00 PM (PST) Friday, October 9, 2020
Winner will be announced on the @OceanWiseEdu Twitter account. Winners will be contacted via the email submitted to the newsletter. Winners will have 24 hours to claim their prize, or a new name will be drawn.
The random draw will take place with two (2) witnesses, including the draw coordinator.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the interpretation of these Rules by the Sponsor, and further warrants and represents that his/her entry.
a Virtual AquaClass for up to 30 participants between the dates of October 14 and June 21, 2020.
Prize value is approximately $90 -$200 CAD + tax.
Prizes consist only of elements listed above.
TERMS OF SUBMISSION:
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the interpretation of these Rules by the Sponsor. By submitting an Entry, entrants represent, warrant and agree that they are the sole creator of the Entry. Entrants must have all rights, approvals and/or consents necessary to submit their Entry on the terms provided and represent and warrant that their Entry does not violate these Official Rules, or the rights of any other person or entity or any law. Entries must be in English. Entries must comply with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws, rules and regulations including, but not limited to, those concerning defamation and invasion of privacy, and must not infringe on the copyrights or trademarks of another party, as determined by Sponsor. If an Entry includes such material or an element contained in an Entry is deemed unsuitable for public presentation (e.g., contains personal information, gratuitous violence, inappropriate acts or language, etc.), unfavourably depicts Sponsor, slanders brands or individuals, contains hate speech or is inconsistent with the theme or image of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the Entry.
By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant:
- grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Entry (including, where applicable, their name or voice or image as contained within their Entry), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason;
- waives all moral rights in and to his/her Entry in favour of the Sponsor; and
- agrees to release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees") against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action related to the Entry. For greater certainty, the Sponsor and/or the Promotion Entities reserve the right, in its/their sole discretion, to: (i) disqualify any Entry; (ii) modify, edit or remove any Entry from the Contest website; and/or (iii) request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Entry; if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, or for any other reason.
BEFORE BEING DECLARED A WINNER, the selected entrant must sign and return within three (3) business days of notification a declaration and release form prepared by the Sponsor which, among other things:
- answer skill testing question
- confirms compliance with these Rules and acceptance of the Prize as awarded;
- agrees to release the Promotion Entities against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from any liability in connection with this Contest, the selected entrant's participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof;
- agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her Entry, name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet.
If a selected entrant:
- cannot be contacted by social media channels within three (3) attempts or one (1) business day of the selection date, or there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; or
- fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time;
then he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit his/her opportunity to be a winner (and to receive the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to name another winner.
PRIVACY & USE OF INFORMATION:
PRIZE CONDITIONS: No substitution or transfer of prize by winner permitted. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected. All income taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize-winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Promotion Entities to use winner's name, voice and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges.
By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to hold the Sponsor and Promotion Entities harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
GENERAL RULES: By submitting an Entry, entrants give the Sponsor an irrevocable unrestricted license to use the images they submit in whichever way they choose. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that all rights, titles and interests, including any copyrights (and renewals) to entries shall be covered by the aforesaid license in favour of Sponsor and/or its affiliates or partners. Sponsor and its licensees, successors, assigns, affiliates and partners, including, without limitation, have the exclusive right (but not the obligation) to use, alter and/or edit any and all Entries in any manner including future advertising, promotion and publicity in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity, without notice, approval or other consideration to you or any third party. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected mail/e-mail or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/ software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor not responsible for any damage to any participant's computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
If an entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the entrant will be declared null and void. Any suspected use of robotic, automatic, programmed, or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions by such methods. The Contest may be cancelled, modified, terminated or suspended if infected by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes outside control of Sponsor which impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with any entry process and to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend any associated Entries. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted on ocean.org and a random draw may be held from all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. Sponsor is the Ocean Wise Conservation Association at 845 Avison Way, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6G 3E2.