Taking Making into Classrooms: Introductions

Jul 30, 2019 at 1:10 PM by Danika Strecko

Hello,

My name is Danika Strecko and I am the manager of Ocean Literacy and Online Learning here at Ocean Wise Education. Ocean Wise is excited to be collaborating with Centre for Ocean Ventures and Entrepreneurship (COVE) to create a West Coast Ocean Toolkit Teacher Resource.

We would love to be introduced to you on the thread below. Feel free to use the same format or create your own.

cheers,
Danika

1 Reply

Danika Strecko
Jul 30, 2019 at 1:12 PM

Hello my name is Danika Strecko

preferred pronouns are she/her

A little about me:

As a former Secondary Science teacher I loved having ready to use resources for my students. I value experiential and place based learning and the resources that support that pedagogy inside our outside the classroom.

Being a Vancouver local I have a great respect and appreciation for the natural beauty of the mountains and ocean and the connections to humans they have as well as the integral role the Port and marine trades plays in Vancouver's success. Whether it is scuba diving in Howe Sound, lying on the beach at Jericho or biking home along the sea wall the ocean and it's health is big part of why I enjoy living in Vancouver.

My Favourite thing about the ocean:

Tide Pools! I love exploring at low tide and finding itty bitty hermit crabs, shore crabs and all sorts of critters.

Jennifer Lin
Jul 31, 2019 at 1:48 AM