g. #BePlasticWise "Chew on This"
Chew On This
The Problem: The cling-wrap and plastic baggies we use to wrap our lunches contribute to the litter choking our ocean and its seabirds and mammals.
The Challenge: Pledge to #BePlasticWise and reduce your single use plastic when you pack lunches for school or work. Use reusable containers or bento boxes to carry your lunch, or rock it old school with the classic brown bag lunch!
Alternatives for plastic straws, such as compostable or reusable options, are also now more readily available.
Take a picture of your class and/or coworkers as you embark on your Plastic Wise challenges! Post that picture of you and your students/coworkers using reusable lunch containers on our blog, discussion board, or gallery. Be sure to use the hashtag: #BePlasticWise.
Discussion questions for your class as you take on the #BePlasticWise challenge:
1) What do you pack your lunch in? Do you use any single-use plastic?
2) Does your lunchroom offer reusable cutlery?
3) What are the pros and cons of using cling-wrap?
Mid- challenge/After the Challenge:
4) Was/is this as difficult as you thought it would be? Why or why not?
5) What was/is your experience of completing this challenge?
6) Is there any plastic that you throw away that could be reused?
Resources to Use:
Reducing Plastic, Saving Seafood
DIY Plastic Free Food Wrap
Spotlight: Dalal Al-Abdulrazzak
Continue to h. #BePlasticWise "Squeaky Clean" »