2. February Lesson Plan: 4 to 7
Give your students the exciting challenge of creating a comic strip. Visit the Treasures of BC Gallery, where each habitat represents a real ecosystem off of the BC coast. There are many abiotic and biotic factors which must work together in order to create a healthy, working ecosystem.
Before the start have a brief discussion of the what animals need to survive, and the challenges they face everyday (both natural and human derived)
Students will create a comic strip that shows the survival story of an animal of ecosystem that answers the following questions
- How do they get all the things they need to survive?
- What kinds of hazards or challenges do they face?
- Who do they live with?
- How do they interact with each other?
- How do they overcome their challenges?
Share the student's completed comic strips in the Gallery
Students will gain an understand of;
- What animals needs to stay alive, and how they acquire these needs
- What hazards and challenges do animals face everyday both natural and un-natural
- How animals overcome these challenges
- How different animals interact with one another
Continue to 3. February Lesson Plan: 8 to 12 »