5a Nov 12 - Exploring Community Science
Participate in and explore a community science initiative either online or outside.
- Find a computer or tablet to use for connecting to community science projects.
- Decide which topic or living thing you would like to focus on. And choose a corresponding community science initiative.
- You can find a list of community science projects here.
- Spend at least 20 minutes contributing to science through your participation in data collection!
- Write down any cool findings or observations you encounter.
- Share your experience and connection with real science through a blog post, including any writing, drawing, poetry, etc. you feel compelled to use. Please title your post ‘Name – Community Science – Your title’. Please address the following questions in your post.
- Please include if/how this community science helps you feel connected to nature.
- What patterns/behaviours did your data show?
- What were the most common types of animal/life you discovered?
- Does this make you interested in a career in science or research?
- Explore more community science opportunities and think about which parts you enjoy the most.
- Research other community science projects related to your favourite living thing.
- Research in person community science projects near you that you could get involved in!
- Build identification skills.
- Recognize ways to aid in scientific discoveries through community science.
- Record your thoughts and findings.