1b Oct 15 - ID & Observation Walk
Practice noticing the small things/details of nature creating connections to the nature around you.
- Download the Seek app and make yourself familiar with the app’s functions.
- Choose a location to walk and observe. You could look at small living things and not wander far or look at larger and travel farther.
- Gather materials: phone/tablet, Seek app, paper & pencil, magnifying glass (opt.)
- Pick a location for your observation walk. Think about spending 20+ minutes observing and recording what life you see around you. Look under logs, leaves, rocks, in grass etc.
- Record and enter your observations into the app (or record on paper/journal, making sure to include details and descriptions).
- Review and reflect on your observations and identifications.
- Express how you felt connected from the nature you discovered.
- Post your reflection and/or art as a blog post and explore others’ connections (please title your post 'name - ID Walk'.
- Practice observation skills
- Use Seek app as a community science tool to record and identify nature.
- Share/express personal connection/impacts on nature.
Continue to 2a Oct 22 - Observation & Cleanup Walk »