Panel 1: Our ocean connects us …

Jun 5, 2020 at 8:08 PM by Danika Strecko

(9:28-9:30) Panel 1:  Our ocean connects us … 

• Thomas Remengesau Jr., President of Palau (video message)
  • Ricardo Serrão Santos, Minister of the Sea of Portugal
  • Helen Ågren, Ambassador for the Ocean, Sweden 
  • Chip Cunliffe, Head of Sustainability, AXA 
  • Tyler-Rae Chung, Member of the Early Career Ocean Professionals Group for the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development 

4 Replies

Meghan
Jun 8, 2020 at 6:25 AM

Thank you all for the fantastic remarks.

In particular, I appreciate Tyler-Rae's descriptions of the intersections between traditional knowledge and Western science, and the importance of listening to  traditional knowledge practitioners to truly understand the ocean's functioning and its responses to issues such as climate change.

George Cummings
Jun 8, 2020 at 6:31 AM

Thank you Pres Tommy, it is always great to hear your comments and achievements in Palau.  Chip and AXA I look forward to learning even more about AXA plans and opportunities for the coastal communities in MesoAM region.  I also truly enjoy the comments Tyler Rae, I feel the same in MX communities their culture is already doing many SDG14 targets we need culturally appropriate communications from the bottom to the TOP.  Thank you to the team behind all of the efforts to make this happen, YOUR ROCK!!!

As a Blue School Teacher I would love to see Ocean Literacy integrated in the Portuguese Curricula.

Alexandra
Jun 8, 2020 at 7:29 AM

atakan
Oct 14, 2020 at 9:46 AM

Thank you all for the fantastic remarks.

https://www.noktashop.org

Ronan
Jun 10, 2020 at 3:54 AM

Thank you Helen.  Ronan