04-10 We Rise Together - Eli Enns
Join us April 10th at 1:30pm (PST) for the first call in our call series about Special Places. Our speaker will be Eli Enns, the Co-Chair of the Indigenous Circle for Experts for Canada's Pathway to Target 1.
Nan Eli is a Nuu-chah-nulth Canadian political scientist and internationally recognized expert in bio-cultural heritage conservation. He is the President & Chief Problem Solver at The Iisaak Olam Foundation. Eli Enns is the great grandson of Na'waas'um (historian and public speaker for Wickanninish), he is a happy father and proud grandpa. Eli is also an internationally recognized expert in bio-cultural heritage conservation and Indigenous economic development. He is a nation builder and Canadian political scientist focused in constitutional law, geopolitics and ecological governance. Eli has recently joined the board of directors for the Canadian Committee for IUCN and the Canadian network of UNESCO Global Geoparks. Eli is the co-founder of the Ha’uukmin Tribal Park in the Clayoquot Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve on Vancouver Island and the Co-Chair for The Indigenous Circle of Experts for The Pathway to Canada Target 1 (Aichi Target 11).
During this call, Eli will be speaking to his role and experience as Co-chair of the Indigenous Circle of Experts (ICE) and Co-founder of Ha'uukmin Tribal Park, and how we can move forward and embrace a collaborative approach to conserving biodiversity in Canada.
- Join us April 10th at 1:30pm (PST) for the National Call
- Engage in our asynchronous online discussion before and after the call to reflect on what we have learned
Continue to 11-13 Bill C-69 - Christine Loth-Bown »
- En route vers l'objectif 1 du Canada
- Indigenous Circle of Experts - Canada's Pathway to Target 1
- La réconciliation en action - Célébration du lieu que nous appelons tous notre chez-nous : La réconciliation au cœur des relations des habitants de la côte ouest de l’île de Vancouver
- One with Nature - A renewed approach to land and freshwater conservation in Canada
- Reconciliation in Action - Celebrating a Place We All Call Home: Reconciliation in our Relationships on Vancouver Island’s West Coast
- Unis Avec La Nature - une approche renouvelée de la conservation des terres et de l'eau douce au Canada