2. Identify & Get Informed
Think back to your reflection and your vision for the world. Identify what stands out in that vision as the most important to you and create a list of issues you are passionate about. Consider things related to: health & wellness; environment & urbanization; culture & identity; learning & education; technology & innovation; arts & media; peace, conflict & governance; work & economics; human rights & equity. While not always apparent at first, the oceans play a role in or are affected by many elements within each of these categories.
Learn more about the issues that concern you by developing a list of questions you want to answer.
TakingITGlobal's Guide to Action recommends the following questions:
- What makes this issue unique and important to address?
- Who is most affected by this issue?
- How does this issue differ locally, nationally, regionally, and globally?
- What different approaches have been taken to understand and tackle the issue?
- What groups are currently working on addressing the issue? (consider multiple sectors such as government, corporations, non-profit organizations, youth groups, United Nations agencies, etc.)
Continue to 3. Lead & Get Others Involved »