The Ocean Startup Challenge (www.oceanstartupchallenge.ca) has launched and submissions are due on August 14, 2020.
The Challenge needs applicants who are want to make a positive impact on the growing ocean economy by solving industry challenges, primarily from the following areas:
- Healthy oceans and ecosystem services
- Ocean transportation
- Enabling technologies and data analytics
Innovators who apply to solve an ocean challenge with their technology solutions could gain:
- one of up to 10 prizes of $25,000 CDN to prototype or develop their solution (and up to another $200,000 CDN later if they are finalists in the second phase of the Challenge)
- access to a roster of engaged mentors and innovation leaders ready to guide innovators
- training through foundational bootcamps and other virtual sessions
- key resources, support and connections that innovators need to succeed, including sharing more than $18,000 in collective services and resources from in-kind sponsors
- a curated experience to help them leverage Atlantic Canada's extensive and supportive innovation ecosystem
Applicants who are not among the prize winners will still benefit from training during invitation-only bootcamps, as well as guidance and support from partnering organizations in the Atlantic Canadian ecosystem.
Ocean Startup Challenge statements, eligibility, frequently asked questions and application details are available from www.oceanstartupchallenge.ca.
Hey Ocean Bridge fam and friends: The Arctic Youth Network is recruiting for its Board of Directors!
Are you passionate about making a difference? The organization is looking for young leaders, between 18-35 years old, who are passionate about growing young organizations, have skills relevant to leading Arctic youth, and are dedicated to empowering young people and collaborating with them.
Apply at bit.ly/aynboard before Friday, Aug. 7th at 11:59PM GMT. More information about the Arctic Youth Network can be found at www.arcticyouthnetwork.org or bit.ly/ayninfo. Inquiries and questions can be directed to Melissa Aguilera at [email protected]. Please do not hesitate to share this unique opportunity to those who may be interested.