1) Greetings everyone! My name is Humaira Ahmed. I was born in Toronto, Ontario and I go to Winston Knoll Collegiate, Regina, Saskatchewan. I'm basically learning four other languages: Urdu, Arabic, French, and American Sign Language. I'm passionate about space (a lot), science, and math. When I am older, I want to became an astronomer or scientist! I do not really have a opinion on biodiversity because I did not think about often but I surely would like to learn more about it. I am grateful that I join the new Environment Club so I could learn more about how I can help the environment and know more on what is happening to our planet. I want people to understand that animals have feelings and a life just like humans. They should not be treated poorly.
2) - Biodiversity means to me that the environment to have a variety of different species of plants and animals. Though I don't know much about biodiversity, I'm interested in learning more about it and how we can help in spreading diversity in Canada. I want to learn more about how biodiversity plays a bigger part in Canada. I also want to know how would biodiversity help our community.
- I think my biggest obstacles would be getting our voice heard. Many adults would not listen to those who are younger then them for serious topics because they feel that they are smarter than them and much wiser. So many teenagers and young adults don't have the confidence to step up even if they want to make a change because then older people will look down on them.
- Personal history can affect how we think about the environment and how much interested we are into helping the environment. People that are around us can effect our own opinions based on their reactions and how they think about the environment. It can be based on how much we learn about the environment.
3) I live with recognition of Treaty 4 territory and gratitude to the Cree, Saulteaux, Dakota, Lakota and Nakota peoples of Treaty 4 territory as well as the 4 historically Métis communities in this region - Lebret, Fort Qu’Appelle, Willow Bunch, and Lestock.