5. Promoting Goal D in Your School or Community (Nov 4 - Nov 18)
GOAL D: BY 2020, CANADIANS ARE INFORMED ABOUT THE VALUE OF NATURE AND MORE ACTIVELY ENGAGED IN ITS STEWARDSHIP.
Target 19: By 2020, more Canadians get out into nature and participate in biodiversity conservation activities.
Visual Communication is a very powerful tool for conveying messages and enacting change in others. Visuals can invoke emotion, provide action items, or help to educate the public. In the sage of social media, visuals are more powerful than ever and easily accessible to a wide-reach and diverse audience. In this challenge, you will create your own “Get Out Into Nature” poster campaign
- Search Online and Review current campaigns that encourage Canadians to discover nature & biodiversity
- Brainstorm the message that you want to other youth to connect with. You can use “Get Out Into Nature” or create your own variation of that slogan. We recommend sketching out your idea and plan it out before jumping into the creation process
- Make your poster. You may do this by hand, or you can use digital programs like Canva https://www.canva.com/
- Post your poster on the gallery HERE
- Comment on two other posters
- Share your poster to a public audience - hang it up in school, share on social media, or in a community centre!
Continue to 5B. Virtual Town Hall November 18th »