4A: OCT 18 - Down the Drain Challenge
Now It's Your Turn: take the challenge
Keep a drain diary for one day — it just might surprise you.
- What types of things went down your sink?
- Estimate the volume of liquids that went down the drain? Did you include a way to measure how much liquid went down?
- How much of this waste do you think enters the ocean? Do you know how wastewater is treated in your city?
- There are many drains that we interact with everyday that may lead waste into our waterways. Besides your bathroom and kitchen, are there any other drains that may lead to the ocean?
- check the label of the clothing you are currently wearing. Anything that is not cotton is likely a synthetic blend (aka: plastic). In each wash, these microfibres are released. What happens to them then?
After your blog is posted, make sure you comment on two other blogs by students that live the furthest from you (e.g if you live in Vancouver find students from Halifax).
Discussion posts and comments you post are what will be used in the final paper! Be are clear, respectful and engaged in your responses as well as while commenting on others. Don't forget to ask questions!
Continue to 5A. OCT 25 - Plastic Challenge »
- Down The Drain Think: sink. Specifically, what you put down it.
- Wastewater Management – A UN-Water Analytical Brief This report looks at some of the problems caused by the neglect of wastewater...
Latest 10 Submissions
sankalp shrivastav Blog post: 580.7 days ago
Rian Hoyle Blog comment: 615.4 days ago
Rian Hoyle Blog post: 617.3 days ago
Rian Hoyle Blog comment: 617.3 days ago
Nabila Blog post: 618.4 days ago
Farah Blog post: 627.4 days ago
Kelsey Stephen Blog post: 629.4 days ago
Bianca Porfoun Blog post: 631.8 days ago
Rian Hoyle Blog comment: 632.3 days ago
Mansi Blog post: 632.5 days ago