How to report your weekly service learning hours
As a fully funded program, part of our requirements include tracking service hours in our reporting – these requirements exist for all other Ocean Bridge programs. Accurate tracking also helps to ensure we have adequate funding for the amount of work our participants do in the future.
You will be responsible for tracking your service hours as a Direct Action participant using the 2021-2022 Youth Service Hours Tracking Form. You can begin tracking hours immediately. Any activity you engage in counts toward these hours, including (but not limited to):
- Work for DA partners
- Time spent completing assignments like reflections, goals, discussions, etc.
- Coaching, mentorship or group calls
- Time spent in courses or other trainings
- Administration, including applications, expense reports and scheduling
- Interviews or meetings before or after your 3-month placement
- Travel time to attend events related to your placement
- Time spent engaging with other people about DA
Please use the 2021-2022 Youth Service Hours Tracking Form to submit your hours each week. Your next report should cover any time since the previous submission, and so on. You can submit on any day that best suits your schedule, aiming for about once a week. You’ll be asked the following questions – if you’re not absolutely sure, estimates or best guesses are okay.
- Total number of service hours this week (by you).
- Enter the number of hours you put toward the program (see list above)
- Total number of service hours by youth volunteers this week (not including you).
- If you have engaged any youth volunteers (18-30 y.o.) to work directly for your service learning project, enter their hours here
- How many of these youth volunteered with you for the first time?
- See previous question – it’s likely that these two will not apply to you, but include if they are relevant
- Total number of other people engaged through your service project or activity this week.
- Enter the number of people touched by your work – ie. if you gave a presentation, hosted an event or conducted training, how many people attended?
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions about how to calculate or submit your hours. We can provide resources to make it as easy as possible for you. This should only take about 15 minutes each week (which of course count toward your total hours!).
Continue to Professional Development »