COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Keep yourself and others safe.
It is important that we do everything possible to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved. Please review the following COVID-19 Safety Protocols. If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at any time at [email protected].
For expenses relating to these safety measures, including masks, hand sanitizer or gloves, please keep your receipts – you can submit an expense report and we will reimburse you.
- Wear a mask. If you do not currently have a face covering, you can purchase one and expense the cost to Ocean Bridge with a receipt. Ensure you keep your mask with you and that you wear it during all travel and anytime you cannot guarantee physical distancing (2 metres). When traveling to a new place, you are required to wear your mask when in public for the first 2 weeks of your stay.
- Wash your hands. Do this as often as possible, for twenty seconds. Avoid touching your face and surfaces unless absolutely necessary.
- Bring sanitizer. You can expense the purchase of a few travel-sized bottles. *If you wish to purchase gloves, we will also reimburse this item.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow. Use your arm to avoid spreading any germs, use sanitizer and wash your hands as soon as you are able.
- Bring your own food and drinks. When traveling, pack your own snacks and water to limit contact with external community members. This helps both them and you to stay safe. Do not share any food or drinks.
- Respect boundaries. Comfort levels are different for everyone, especially in more remote communities. Respect requests for social distancing or self-isolation and ask if you are unsure.
- If you are sick, or think you may have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, inform the Ocean Bridge team and your placement hosts immediately. We will help to arrange controls to limit the possible spread of the virus. If you or your host believes there may be a risk of transmission, you may be tested for COVID-19. If this is not an option for you, we will discuss measures for self-isolation or quarantine.
We know that this is an uncertain time and we appreciate your patience and compliance with COVID-19 safety efforts. As always, please contact us with any questions or concerns at [email protected].
We believe that taking sensible precautions including those listed above will minimize risk and enable you keep doing important work toward ocean conservation!
Continue to FAQ »